YOU MUST BE AGE 18 AND OVER TO USE THIS SITE. YOU REPRESENT, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE.
General Use Restrictions
MEC DESIGN provides content and services through this Site. Certain information, documents and services provided on and through this Site, including content, logos, graphics and images (together, the “Materials”) are provided to you by MEC DESIGN and are the copyrighted and/or trademarked work of MEC DESIGN.
MEC DESIGN grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and to display and to make one copy of the Materials and to use the services of this Site solely for your personal use. Except for the license set forth in the preceding sentence above, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Materials in any manner. This limited license terminates automatically, without notice to you, if you breach any of these Terms or if we terminate your use of the Site for any reason. Upon termination of this limited license, you agree to immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials. Except as stated herein, you acknowledge that you have no right, title or interest in or to this Site, any Materials.
Third Party Content
Certain information and other content may be provided by third party licensors and suppliers to MEC DESIGN (“Third Party Content”). The Third Party Content is, in each case, the copyrighted and/or trademarked work of the creator/licensor. You agree to only display the Third Party Content on your personal computer solely for your personal use. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right to download, cache, reproduce, modify, display (except as set forth in this paragraph), edit, alter or enhance any of the Third Party Content in any manner unless you have permission from the owner of the Third Party Content. MEC DESIGN DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIRD PARTY CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Site may be linked to other sites that are not MEC DESIGN sites. MEC DESIGN is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and MEC DESIGN is not responsible for such linked sites, including, without limitation, the content or links displayed on such sites.
Unauthorized use of any Materials or Third Party Content contained on this Site may violate certain laws and regulations. You agree to indemnify and hold MEC DESIGN and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and business partners harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs of defense) MEC DESIGN or any other indemnified party suffers in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third party that your use of this Site or the use of this Site by any person using your user name and/or password violates any applicable law or regulation, or the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third party.
MEC DESIGN reserves the right to immediately terminate your access to and use of the Site or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon such termination, your right to use the Site shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all information and content obtained from the Site and all copies thereof.
All trademarks on this site marked with a ® are registered trademarks of MEC Design, Inc. All trademarks marked with a ™ are common law trademarks of MEC Design, Inc. in the United States. All third party trademarks, names and logos on this Site are the property of their respective owners.
Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all information and screens appearing on this Site, including documents, services, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole properties of MEC DESIGN, INC., Copyright © 2015 MEC DESIGN. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for the testimonials that you submit to the Site (each a “Testimonial”), and that you, and not MEC DESIGN, have full responsibility for each such Testimonial you make, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness and you agree that your Testimonial is accurate. You agree that any Testimonial provided by you in connection with this Site is provided on a non-proprietary and non-confidential basis. You agree that MEC DESIGN is free to use a Testimonial for any purpose and you grant MEC DESIGN a perpetual, sublicensable, nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to (in any media, whether now known or not currently known or invented) link to, utilize, use, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, distribute, modify and prepare derivative works of the Testimonial. You acknowledge and agree that MEC DESIGN may refuse to use, modify, delete or remove any Testimonials; with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that MEC DESIGN determines is inappropriate or disruptive to this Site or to any other user of this Site and/or services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of this Site and/or the services is at your own risk. Neither the Materials nor the Third Party Content have been verified or authenticated in whole or in part by MEC DESIGN, and they may include inaccuracies or typographical or other errors. MEC DESIGN does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the Materials or the Third Party Content contained on this Site. MEC DESIGN has no liability for any errors or omissions in the Materials and/or the Third Party Content, whether provided by MEC DESIGN or our licensors. It is your responsibility to independently investigate the accuracy and completeness, of the Materials and/or Third Party Content on this Site.
MEC DESIGN, FOR ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS, MAKES NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE, ANY MATERIALS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT, RELATING TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE MATERIALS AND THE THIRD PARTY CONTENT. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS SITE, THE SERVICES, MATERIALS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT, AND ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WHERE-IS” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR A DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS SITE!
IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR PHYSICIAN OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
MEC DESIGN DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE ANY SURGEONS, PHYSICIANS, OPINIONS, OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT MAY BE MENTIONED OR FOUND ON THE SITE. RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SITE, IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
MEC DESIGN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO.
Limitation of Liability
MEC DESIGN AND ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR DISPLAYING, COPYING, DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY MATERIALS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT TO OR FROM THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL MEC DESIGN BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER ARISING, EVEN IF MEC DESIGN KNOWS THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
CERTAIN STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, AND SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Local Laws; Export Control
MEC DESIGN controls and operates this Site from its headquarters in the United States of America and the Materials, and/or Third Party Content may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this Site outside the United States of America, you are responsible for following applicable local laws.
Statements in any news release of MEC DESIGN, contained on the Site or communicated orally or in writing that concern us or our management and that are not historical facts are “Forward-Looking Statements.” Forward-Looking Statements include, without limitation, statements that (a) include the words “believes,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “estimates” or words of similar importance or meaning with reference to us or our management; (b) are specifically identified as forward-looking; (c) describe any of our plans, objectives or goals for future operations and products; or (d) concern the characteristics and growth of our markets or customers or our expected liquidity and capital resources. Forward-Looking Statements are only predictions involving important factors and risks that may cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in any Forward-Looking Statement. Those important factors and risks include, without limitation, economic, competitive, governmental and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. MEC DESIGN expressly disclaims any obligation or responsibility to update or revise or supplement any Forward-Looking Statement in any news release or generally to any extent.
If you violate these Terms, MEC DESIGN may terminate and/or suspend your access to this Site without notice. MEC DESIGN prefers to advise you of your inappropriate behavior and to recommend any necessary corrective action. However, certain violations of these Terms, as determined by MEC DESIGN, may result in immediate termination of your access to this Site. MEC DESIGN has the right to terminate any password-restricted account for any reason. California law and controlling U.S. federal law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions, will govern these Terms. Any disputes relating to these Terms or this Site will be heard in the courts located in California. If any of these Terms is found to be inconsistent with applicable law, then such term shall be interpreted to reflect the intentions of the parties, and no other terms will be modified. MEC DESIGN failure to enforce any of these Terms is not a waiver of such term. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and MEC DESIGN and supersede all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements between you and MEC DESIGN about this Site. The proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, representations made by you, indemnities, limitations of liability and general provisions shall survive any termination of these Terms.
- RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: All rights not expressly granted above are retained by MEC Design, including any electronic rights or usage, and including, but not limited to, all rights in sketches, comps or other preliminary materials. Any use additional to that expressly granted above requires arrangements for payment of a separate fee. Technically, all rights not specifically signed over remain with MEC Design. However, the above clause backs up the assignment of rights and further protests the artist.
- REVISIONS: Design requests will be limited to three (3) revisions per piece once digital art has been presented unless so designated or expressed in Project Scope. Additional fees will be charged for revisions reelecting new direction to assignment, or new conceptual input.
- CANCELLATION AND KILL FEES: Cancellation (“kill”) fees are due based on the amount of work completed. Fifty percent (50%) of the final fee is due within 30 days of notification that for any reason the job is canceled or postponed before the final stage. One hundred percent (100%) of the total fee is due despite cancellation or postponement of the job if the work has been completed. Upon cancellation of kill all rights to the art revert to MEC Design and all original art must be returned, including sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials.
- CREDITS AND COPIES: A credit line suitable to the design of the page will be used. Client agrees to pay and additional fifty percent (50%) of the total fee, excluding expenses, for failure to include credit line. Credit line is required independent of Artist’s signature, which shall be included at MEC Design’s discretion unless otherwise agreed in writing above. Client agrees to provide Artist with ten (10) sample copies of any printed material.
- PAYMENT: Payment for finished work at standard billing rate is due upon completion. The Client’s right to use the work is conditioned upon receipt of payment, and upon Client’s compliance with the terms of this agreement. A one and one half percent (1.5%) monthly service charge will be billed against late payment.
- ORIGINAL ART & MUSIC: Original art (digital graphics included) & music remains the property of MEC Design unless expressed in the agreement. Client is responsible for return of original art in undamaged condition within thirty (30) days of first reproduction.
- ADDITIONAL EXPENSES: If Client does not provide a courier/shipping number, shipping charges will be added to the final invoice. Client agrees to reimburse MEC Design for the following expenses:
- Reproduction Services: includes copying & printing. The client is welcome to contract directly with an outside reprographic firm for those services not provided in-house.
- Commercial Delivery Services: Including Express Mail, Federal Express, UPS, and independent courier services.
- Travel Expenses: Mileage to and from the job site with no markup and travel time will be billed at project hourly rate, per man. Airfare will be billed at cost.
- Per Diem: Per diem for overnight stays will be billed at $250 per day, per man.
- Reimbursements: Reimbursements items will be charged back plus a nominal charge may be added to the reimbursed item to cover administrative costs.
- PERMISSIONS AND RELEASES: The Client agrees to indemnify and hold MEC Design harmless against any and all clients, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to materials included in the Work at the request of the Client for which no copyright permission or privacy release was requested, or for which uses exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a permission or release.
- MISCELLANY: This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties, their heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Its terms can be modified only by an instrument in writing signed by both parties, except that the Client may authorize expenses or revisions orally. No terms attached to any check for payment under this Agreement can modify the Agreement except under the independent instrument in writing signed by bother parties. Arbitration: Any and all disputes between us related to our professional services on the above or any other past or future matter shall be decided by binding arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association in arbitration in Orange County, State of California, or in small claims court if the matter is within its jurisdiction. Both parties waive their right to trial by judge or jury and pretrial discovery.